Wednesday, 22 September 2010

This weekend

This weekend we're off again.  We really are lucky, in that my in-laws also have a holiday home by the seaside.  Theirs is a caravan in Aldeburgh in Suffolk.

The Scallop
On the beach is the Scallop which is dedicated to composer Benjamin Britten who used to walk along the beach. It's made from stainless steel, is four metres high and made up of two interlocking shells, and the upright shell has the words: "I hear those voices that will not be drowned", which is from one of Britten's operas. You can sit on it and stare at the sea.  Personally I think it's rather beautiful, but I know that some people don't like it, and I guess that's understandable.

We’re off there tomorrow for a long weekend, and it can't come soon enough, I think something must be wrong with the universal karma as it's been a bad week for most people I know.

This'll be our last weekend in Suffolk this year as they close the caravan from October to March.  Suffolk’s lovely and has many wonderful vintage and charity shops, delis and gift shops, so I hope to do some shopping and should have lots of tell you about.

I’ll post about it as soon as I can.  Enjoy your weekend whatever you do. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.