Thursday, 21 October 2010

Autumn leaves

Autumn is my favourite season hands down - the crispness in the air, the colours, the smell of wood-smoke, crunching through the leaves, acorns, conkers, I could go on.

There aren’t many lovely colours round here this year, instead the trees almost look scorched, with small patches of colour on the leaves (all that rain I guess).

So instead of some (not so) beautiful pics of my neighbourhood in Autumn, I’m going to share some of my photos from Tokyo in 2008.  Whilst it was the beginning of December when we were there, it was most definitely Autumn, with lots of leaves to cruch our way through, and some amazing colours and beautiful shapes, I loved it and definitely want to go back, preferably at the same time of year…

Asakusa temples

the Imperial Palace gardens





Did I mention that I love Autumn? x

4 comments:

  1. wow tokoyo! you are one lucky lady! my brother went there years ago and i have a co-worker who is from there...it looks soo so beautiful! one day! fall is truly one the prettiest seasons!! especially cause orange is one of my favorite colors!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. very lucky indeed - Tokyo is such an amazing place (and so totally foreign), I can't wait to go back one day. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn in Toyoko!? Even more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Melissa, we've got the best photos framed on our walls as the colours are gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.