Sunday, 24 October 2010

Vintage Fair

Yesterday we went to a Vintage Fair held in Leicester.  The venue was The Auditorium, which many years ago was a bingo hall, and has been various clubs since, but had been closed for some time.  It has fabulously tacky mirrored walls, very 1970's disco.

The main room (& its incredibly sticky floor :) ) was full of stalls, ranging from clothing stalls to small craft tables, a fabulous Vintage Salon, and delicious cupcakes.  I found a gorgeous vintage owl brooch but it was far too expensive sadly.

I couldn't get any decent photos (not enough light with my phone) so am waiting for the site to post some; but here are a few of the goodies I brought home with me (mostly as pressies for my sister-in-law's upcoming birthday)...


cute teacup ring
 
upcycled bag from Shakti & Hope

 
map brooch from Kakesmakes

 
mint choc chip, lemon, strawberry cheesecake & white chocolate raspberry - YUM!

Shakti & Hope are "a UK registered Not for Profit Social Enterprise, working in urban slum communities in Goa, India. We are currently offering young women the chance to learn the trade of tailoring; a life skill that is creative and enjoyable and will help them gain employment in the future. " and sell fabulous upcycled bags - it's great to be able to support a women's "charity".

I had no idea that they'd be some crafts there and it was great to meet & support some local crafters.  I long to join them, and hope that one day I'll be brave enough to try a stall at a fair with all my crafts. 

What are you personal experiences of selling at fairs? x

7 comments:

  1. holy cow those cupcakes look delish!!! :)gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm cupcakes! I've never sold at a fair, but I'm hoping I'll be brave enough to do so one day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to take my jewelry to a show and sell it, but never have. I adore that tea cup ring and of course love the cupcakes!! I am a new follower of your blog, love it!! Come visit me
    velvet cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks gina & kate for following :)

    here's hoping we'll all manage to try to be brave one day! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Those cupcakes look so good! I would love to do a craft fair with my knitted items if I find the time to make enough for a booth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the cupcakes were all delicious - we halved each of them - favourite was def the white chocolate raspberry, yum! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.