Thursday, 11 November 2010

Owl watch

On the way home tonight I saw an owl!!! It flew across the road in front of my car and into the trees, it was quite large - I was soooo excited I just had to share the experience.

I don't think I've ever seen an owl in the "wild" before!

Right now we have Autumnwatch on the Beeb (BBC2) and what do I see but they're in the studio with 3 gorgeous owls - a tawny owl, a barn owl & another small guy with huge white eyes.  They look AMAZING and so beautiful.


I feel really honoured that I got to see one, however fleetingly today! Have you ever had a 'wild' owl experience? x

7 comments:

  1. oh how EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!! i saw an owl once, a barn owl and i will always remember that day! i mom's office used to be in a really cool old barn and this awesome barn owl lived on the rafters! he was HUGE and soooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!

    thanks for sharing!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw an owl this summer when I was in Silver Bay, NY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact you've seen them too x
    cb, that's so cool your mum used to have her office in a barn, complete with owl! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know, i was SOOO jealous of her. we were both sad when they relocated the office to a super ugly building but it is right next to a creek so they get deer and birds...but nothing really beats seeing an owl! i see it as a sign of good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a seriously awesome happenstance for an owl lover like yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D I'm still talking about it now x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.