Thursday, 23 December 2010

Christmas crafting

Happy Christmas Eve Eve (& Happy Birthday mother-in-law) :)

I've spent the last couple of days fighting this horrid cold (and very slowly winning) and doing some Christmas crafting.

Yesterday was wrapping day.  I put on Olive the Other Reindeer, followed by Love Actually whilst wrapping everyone's pressies.  It took over 4 hours in all which was longer than I thought, but so much fun, and I hope that everyone will enjoy opening them on Saturday.

Anyway, the crafting!

On my last visit to Hong Kong way back in 1998 (gosh, soooo long ago) I bought a metre of each of 7 different oriental silks...

   

I've never known what to use them for but I finally decided to make a start.  I made a couple of brooches...



sadly the photos don't really do them justice, they're prettier and richer than the photos.  And also a silk yo yo which may be for the hair, like a fascinator, (or a brooch) haven't decided yet...


I've also made lots of earrings with those wonderful bingo pieces and 'berry' beads from the wonderful Vintagescrapshop on etsy (along with some cloissonne ones I already had).



I'm really pleased with them.  Have you made any pressies? x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.