Friday, 24 December 2010

Christmas treats

Yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday and we always go out for a meal somewhere.  It's always a lovely pre-Christmas treat.  This year we went to The Forest Rock in Whitwick.  It looked very beautiful with the snow all round...



view from the back
 The interior is stylish without being over the top, the service was excellent, and the food was delicious, sort of gastro-pub but without the price tag.  We all had a fantastic time and I would definitely recommend the restaurant.

I also made chocolate truffles yesterday, simple yet delicious and always welcomed.  The recipe (such as it is) is on my Recipe page.




Today I've been making the dessert for Christmas dinner - vanilla cupcakes with chocolate buttercream & snowflake sprinkles.  I chose cupcakes so that way if some people are too full to have pudding they can take it home with them :)



I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Day whatever you're doing. x

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, cupcakes. My mom is making me red velvet cupcakes for my birthday! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Cupcakes! Merry Christmas my luv and happy birthday to your mother-in-law! :)gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!
    velvet cupcakes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.