Friday, 29 April 2011

Beautiful Books

Since getting the lovely glass bookcase not so long ago, I've been offered old hardback books from both sets of parents.  I've finally gotten round to collecting the books from my in-laws; and have now got some amazing hardbacks, some very beautiful Art Nouveau bindings, and ranging in age from the 1890's to the 1950's. 

Many of them belonged to Hubby's grandmother, some given as Sunday School 'prizes' for 'Good Behaviour and Good Attendance'!


stunning covers



and some have lovely bookplates


and old adverts for other books


and colourful artwork


and there's also a real mixture of knowledge books, it's going to be fun looking through some of these, including Wonders of the World, The Great War, and  The Empire Youth Annual


I'm so very grateful for these wonderful books from Hubby's family.  Hope you all have a fab weekend. x

3 comments:

  1. wow! these books are amazing. I also love old vintage books and I have a full set of knowledge books and a matching (huge) dictionary. they smell nice too me thinks. Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man i am so jealous! those covers are so amazing and such great inspiration! you are such a lucky lady :)

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of books, old & musty or new & crisp
    And yes, I AM very lucky, what nice in-laws :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.