Thursday, 14 April 2011

Linen drawer

The chest of drawers in our bedroom was where my Mum kept here linen - and it was filled to the brim.  Slowly she's been emptying it for us and finally it's all done.  Some things she's kept for herself, some we've sent to the local charity shops and some I've kept for myself. 

Here are just a few of the latest runners, napkins and tray cloths I've kept...





Each one has something lovely about it, whether it be embroidery, the stitching or trim.

I've also kept some old hand towels, I've seen these in magazine shoots before, how my Grandmother kept them clean I don't know, perhaps she boiled them?

They are heavy duty linen with a beautiful trim



I'd love to use them, although I'm not sure if I dare. x

2 comments:

  1. i always see white beautiful table clothes at the thrift store but i am always so worried about ruining them! you could always put glass over the table cloth...kinda defeats the purpose but it would still be really pretty..or maybe get it treated? they are so beautiful!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean - but as you say it's what they're for after all - perhaps I should just go for it xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.