Monday, 11 April 2011

Newark International Antiques Fair

Well, last week just flew by, we spent a good deal of time with my parents, Mum's slowly getting used to her shoulder bless her, and looks much better.

Hubby took the day off on Friday to take me to Newark International Antiques Fair, our first visit to this MASSIVE fair in Lincolnshire - there was almost too much to look at.  It was a beautiful sunny day, perfect for browsing, we even saw the BBC filming episode(s) of Bargain Hunt, though there was no sign of Tim Wonnacott.

I found a few lovely little bits and pieces...

a coronation mug and a glass plant 'frog'


a cute little pin dish

We also found this wicker stand, I've been looking for something for next to the bath for a book and a plant - once it's been re-painted that's where it's going


And finally, Hubby spotted this amazing table made from an old Singer sewing machine with a beautiful oak top - I've seen a few of these on the web recently in interior photos, but this is the first I've seen to buy.  It's sooo lovely, and couldn't be more perfect for my crafting & sewing table!



Just got to sort out the radiator now and also find a comfy cute chair, but I can't stop looking at it. x

2 comments:

  1. that sewing table is AMAZING! i am so jealous! i have always wanted one of those...nice score sweetie!

    glad to hear that your mom is getting better! poor thing!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.