Monday, 4 April 2011

Summery Skirt - take 1

Hope you all had a great weekend?

Ours was mixed... we went to a fab 40th birthday party for my brother-in-law on Saturday night, great chats with old friends and even stayed outside most of the night as the weather was good; sadly also my Mum fractured her shoulder falling off some steps - soooo not good, poor thing, she spent most of Saturday in A&E.

One of the items on my "To Do" list is sewing a summery skirt, and I spent a good deal of Saturday making an a-line one - my first effort, and without a pattern to follow, I'm pleased with it and am taking it as a trial for future efforts :) - please excuse the rubbish photo, but the one of me wearing it is not good!


the fabric's really pretty with lots of tiny flowers in navy, cream, pink, green and red


so it'll go with lots of different things, yay.

Sunday was Mother's Day so we visited the in-laws, then made dinner for my parents.  It was painful just watching Mum, she's in so much pain bless her as there's nothing they can do for a shoulder so her arm's just in a sling, all I wanted to do was hug her which of course is the one thing I couldn't do.  Here's to a speedy recovery! x

2 comments:

  1. oh no your poor mom! i hope she recovers quickly! i am sending her get well vibes!!

    i love that fabric! so cute! and wow without pattern, aren't you amazing!! does it have a zipper or did you use elastic?

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sweetie, me too :)
    I put in a zip, took a while, but it was a learning experience - I prefer to learn by doing, mistakes & all :D xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.