Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Suffolk finds

We once again brought back some fab finds, from Charity shops and antiquey ones along with a car boot sale...

another soap dish



I fell in love with this oil painting of a little cottage, and got it for £1.99 - TOTAL bargain




another powder compact to add to my collection, with pretty marcasite detail



From 'Splash' some fab soaps and also these lovely rose and lavender wipes



these adorable bird cards from Alex Clark Art





some wonderful pocket-sized books from 1904...



this ott glass bowl, which I plan on filling with Lush bath ballistics



this lamp needs rewiring but couldn't resist it as it is another example of the chinoserie that we have in our cocktail cabinet and bookcase!




I already had Part 1 of the Goblet of Fire audiobook from a charity shop, and Hubby found me Part 2 for just £2.50



at a local car boot sale I picked up these great plates, which I hope to make into a cake stand



and this flowery one for the wall



x

2 comments:

  1. such great finds!! i love the compact! so elegant! those yellow bird print is so cute too! i have never listened to any of the harry potter books, that sounds like it would be fun! i am listen to the host by stephanie meyer, a book i already read but i just love the story so much!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. HP on audio is FAB, Stephen Fry (who reads the UK ones) is brillant at the voices & really brings the characters to life.
    I too have favourite books which I read or listen to over & over again, even when you know the story word for word, it's still like the first read. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.