Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Summery Skirt - take 2

You'd think I'd learn after the first summery skirt I made, that perhaps I should get a pattern to follow before embarking again...

... nope, I got the urge to create, so late Monday I (slowly) figured out what I needed to do and cut out some fabric I've had for ages and managed to put together another a-line skirt.



I just love those rosettes.

This one is definitely better and includes a waistband this time, although the fit of it isn't perfect, I wore it to work today and got compliments, yay. Next time I MUST use a pattern, I'm sure it'll make things much easier x

3 comments:

  1. it turned out great and i love the pattern too! wow i don't think i could make a skirt without a pattern, think how awesome the next one will be! can't wait to see!!!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for you! I haven't sewn any clothes yet; mainly b/c i am scared;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the encouragement ladies :)

    cb - it certainly takes me a lot of thinking through, & I don't always get it right, but we're getting there :D xox

    gina - it scares me too, but my need to sew kind of overtakes that - the scariest bit is cutting the fabric, then there's no going back :D xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.