Friday, 15 July 2011

Movie clippings

Hubby's late aunt was a big film fan whilst growing up.  She kept a big scrapbook full of clippings of movie stars she liked from the 30's and 40's.  I'm lucky enough to have this scrapbook now and it's fascinating for me as I too love these things.

Here are just a few bits & pieces from that golden era...

Erroyl Flynn

Clark Gable

Bette Davis

Cary Grant & Rosalind Russell

Stewart Granger

     



Lots of her clippings haven't been stuck into her album, and on the back of them are vintage advertisements for all sorts of things.  I'll be posting various ones now and then.

I'm off to see Harry Potter later today, cannot wait! Enjoy your weekends. x

2 comments:

  1. i think it was so cool that people did this! i dont hear of people doing this anymore! that would be so much fun to look through. hope you had fun seeing hp! i can't wait to see it with my mom! hopefully we can get together this week!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too :) HP was awesome!!! enjoy it xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.