Monday, 5 September 2011

Agatha & Velvet

I do feel a lucky girl - some weeks ago, whilst at my in-laws, we came across a stack of green & white penguin books stuffed to the back of Hubby's old wardrobe.  Turns out they belonged to his late Aunt, who, just like me loved movies, crafting and, it appears, crime books, especially Agatha Christie! (Wish I'd known this whilst she was still alive).

Any hoo, my mother in law was more than happy for me to have them, so I'm now in proud possession of a stack of yummy books, some vintage, some rather new (well new in that 14 + years old); many are Agatha's, but some are also Ngaio Marsh and Margery Allingham...

Agatha Christie's




My mother in law also brought me some scrummy velvet pieces, one a beautiful mustard (almost verging on chartreuse in some light) which the photo doesn't really show...



and a dark dusky coral/rust


I've just got to decide what to use them on now :)

She's also mentioned that she has a lot of sewing supplies that we should go through, so yay, something to look forward to.  Thanks mum-in-law! x

2 comments:

  1. whoa! you hit the jackpot:)
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, so much reading!! that is always so exciting. you got yourself a nice big stash now! what do read first? i love both the velvets, such yummy colors! can't wait to see what you make with them!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.