Thursday, 22 September 2011

Suffolk goodies

It was an amazing find-filled week in Suffolk.  It was our 14th wedding anniversary whilst we were there and we went to Ipswich that day for the first time, and using their great park & ride made it so easy.  So with Ipswich in addition to the usual shops we brought ALOT home...

fab oil painting - from charity shop (& marked down too)
This gorgeous chair was just what I'd been looking for, for my crafting desk - it's so comfy & looks fab by the desk


this lovely little palm tree marcasite brooch was only £3 & I couldn't resist!


I went back to the antique warehouse & bought more 50p buckles...


Whilst in one of the neighbouring villages, food shopping, we noticed a craft fair was on at the village hall, so in we went & fell in love with these cute hand stitched greeting cards...


there was also a lovely elderly lady there selling fabric, and I bought one piece of tweed from her at a bargain price of £3, and after leaving the hall, Hubby persuaded me to go back and buy more!  So I did, and she insisted on giving me a large piece of lining satin (bless her) so I insisted on giving her something for it! (could have been there all day, seriously)


I hope to use these tweeds to make handbags, at least that's the plan, just need the right pattern (or make one).

This Ladybird book is in perfect condition & has such fab 50s-era pictures

   


I found lots of yummy maps in another charity shop, including these


and these fabulous ones from old National Geographics, circa 1940s


In another shop we found this 1930s wooden toy, in pristine condition, which I hope to cut & make into brooches


And I found audio book after audio book - in one charity shop alone I came away with 2 cd books & 5 others on cassette!

  


Over the week, Hubby found LOTS of music, both cds and vinyl, I think he brought back at least 30 albums (including some jazz for me)!



As you can see it was an amazing find-filled weekend! And ALL complete bargains - I'm amazed, I truly am! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.