Thursday, 6 October 2011

Vintage bathroom

I have always loved beautiful display cabinets, and have before seen gorgeous glass bathroom cabinets in books from Pottery Barn & Martha Stewart.  Because they usually cost an arm and a leg I decided to create my own.  It started last year in finding just the right size of vintage display cabinet for £30.  Well, much procrastinating & a garage cleaning later & I undercoated & layered on coats of white gloss, scaped & polished the glass, until finally at the weekend Hubby was able to bring it inside for me to fill.

I was so excited as I've had some lovely glass containers I've been saving for the cabinet & finally got to get them all out & fill up containers with goodies.  I also got to use those fab vintage medicine bottles I posted about last year.



I still have the jars to fill with salts & the large glass holder on top of the unit is to be filled with Lush ballistics!  I've had to leave the original silk on the back although it's stained, it looks quite nice in reality, but we'll see long term.  I'm really pleased with it & can't stop looking at it! x

2 comments:

  1. oh my! that is the cutest! the feet and the window pane details are so awesome! love that you made it a nice clean white! love it!!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks honey, the feet are my favourite bit too :) xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.