Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Brighton

Saturday morning we dropped off Dusty as the in laws and off we went down to Brighton.  Hubby's football team were playing Brighton (they lost!) so we had organised a trip to the seaside to watch the game with our friends, stay overnight & head home Sunday.

This was our first trip to Brighton and we weren't disappointed.  The football stadium is smack bang amongst the Downs, and I think it was possibly the coldest day ever (it certainly felt like it waiting for the bus back to the car that evening!).  We had great fun, despite the game being rather rubbish :)

padded seats no less!
 That evening we had a fantastic meal at Browns Brasserie and I had delicious tomato & fennel soup and felt warm for the first time all day, followed by their tempura battered fish & chips, so yummy!  You can see their menu here.

Our hotel was at the end of this lovely side street looking towards the sea (such great houses)


Sunday, we said au revoir to our friends and headed off for a walk along the front (brrrrr)


I just LOVE this ornate bandstand



The remains of the original pier that burned down some years ago



The current pier


I took these from the pier with my phone which has a panorama shot ...






and we had to have a trip to the Brighton Royal Pavillion



on this occasion we didn't go inside (perhaps next time), I just really wanted to see that architecture.

Some streets held surprises



and after some wandering and some shopping (which I'll post more about tomorrow) we stopped for a much-needed hot chocolate for me and latte for Hubby...


so delicious!


Mid afternoon we set off back home not knowing what the roads would be like, though thankfully the ploughs & gritters had already been through.  Even in the horrid cold wet weather Brighton was a great place to visit and I think we'll go back for more sites & shopping. x

2 comments:

  1. wow your trip sounds so amazing, you two go on such wonderful trips! take me! brighton looks like a waaaay fancier santa cruz. they have a boardwalk and everything but this looks so old and beautiful! one day i will visit!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I always think the same of you & Tom and all your trips. I hope you do visit one day sweetie! xox

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.