Friday, 17 February 2012

Playlists & emotions

From time to time I find it becomes VERY necessary to make new cds for the car, after all, as much as you may love something, sometimes you need a change, right? But not only that...

That wonderful ability a song can have to transport you instantly to a period of time, a minute or a day, I can literally picture myself, almost feel myself reliving an exact moment with some songs.  For example, The Righteous Brothers, You've Lost That Loving Feeling, was the last song of my first ever ball (another story for another time :) ) & boy does that bring back some memories (hee hee) & evokes some feelings, all I have to do is close my eyes! Then there's Deborah Harry's I Want That Man - I bought the 7inch single & played it over & over, I can see myself in my old bedroom, dancing & twirling, but it's also more of a feeling I can't explain, and it's so wonderful to experience all those feelings again - of being a teenager & that life that seems so far away these days (oh to be that carefree)!

Anyhoo, recently I've been making lots of new playlists for cds for the car, here are a couple (and yes, I do get a lot of my stuff from 80s soundtracks but that's what I love - & if you're interested in brackets after songs)...

80s mix
Abuse - Propaganda (Some Kind of Wonderful - I so want to be able to drum like Watts)
Private Eyes - Hall & Oates
I Melt with You - Modern English (Valley Girl)
Don't get me Wrong - The Pretenders (Romy & Michele's High School Reunion)
Come on (Shout) - Alex Brown (Girls Just Want to Have Fun)
 I go crazy - Flesh for Lulu  (Some Kind of Wonderful)
Space Age Love Song - Flock of Seagulls (Wedding Singer)
She Loves Me - Stephen Tin-Tin Duffy (Some Kind of Wonderful)
Do Anything - Pete Shelley (Some Kind of Wonderful)
Quiet Life - Japan
Turn to the Sky - The March Violets (Some Kind of Wonderful)
Brilliant Mind - Furniture (Some Kind of Wonderful)
Love Action - Human League
Kiss on my List - Hall & Oates (You Again, She's out of my League)
Miss Amanda Jones - The March Violets (Some Kind of Wonderful)
Don't You Want Me - Human League
Footloose - Kenny Loggins (Footloose)
circa 1995
My 90s mix - takes me back to those dating days :)
(not necessarily FROM the 90's but re-released in 90s)

Sugar Baby Love - The Rubettes (Muriel's Wedding)
Waterloo - Abba (Muriel's Wedding)
Happy Together - The Turtle (Muriel's Wedding & Married People - anyone remember this short-lived sitcom?)
Walk like a Panther - The All Seeing I
Tequila - Terrorvision
Swamp Thing - The Grid (Hubby used to swear he could play this on the guitar, ha ha)
I Want That Man - Deborah Harry
Tempted 1994 - Squeeze (Reality Bites)
Baby, I Love Your Way - Big Mountain (Reality Bites)
Tell Me When - Human League
The Sign - Ace of Base
Don't Give me Your Life - Alex Party
Saturday Night - Whigfield
Girls & Boys - Blur
Take me Home - Sophie Ellis Bextor (technically not the 90s but...)
Praise You - Fatboy Slim

I've got a couple more to share with you later.  Boy, I'm so nostalgic this week!  Think it might be time to hunt out my old diaries (1988 onwards!), hmmmm. Do you have a special song that always takes you back? x

2 comments:

  1. i want to listen to these playlists! might need to download a couple new songs :D hope your weekend is going well!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you like them :) and it's a fab one tq, hope yours is too xox

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.