Friday, 20 July 2012

Trains

I LOVE to travel by train.  Whilst it's not really very romantic these days on the modern trains (think cramped, often noisy (people talking on mobiles), hot and sometimes dirty), I have fond memories of the gently shaking and noise of the old train tracks which could shake me to sleep.  I even have a memory of getting into an old type of private carriage with my Grandma as a very little girl.  Then there's those wonderful memories of Amtrak and our 5 weeks touring the USA.

One of the items on my 2012 To Do List is to travel by Steam Train, I yearn to do it, it's that romantic nature of mine again, that yearn to have a few hours travelling through time, and of course, the Agatha Christie addict in me would revel in it!

I'm still planning on managing that trip somehow, but in the meantime I have a vintage photo to share with you of when our village used to have it's own station...

© Copyright Ben Brooksbank and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.


So cool! Have a lovely weekend. x

2 comments:

  1. i love traveling by train too. it is my favorite although the one i take everyday is the greatest, it gets me where i need to be but i would rather not have to take it cause it is gross and dirty too. they are fixing it so that the seats are not material but a vinyl and they are putting new floors in too. i LOVED when i was in europe and we took an overnight train from italy to france. it was the COOLEST! i felt like i was in the harry potter or the orient express!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) know what you mean about gross & dirty - so many are these days :( Europe sounds fantastic - Hubby travelled round Europe on the trains before he met me (lucky boy)! I'd love to do more too xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.