Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Birthday girl

We spent Saturday with our family as it was our niece's 15th Birthday. It was a warm day and we had fun in the garden with both all the in-laws, grandparents, our nieces, and their little cousins (3 and 6 years old) who had fun on the trampoline :)

It was one of those perfect Saturday afternoons.

dreadful photo of me (looking asleep), but very cute of Echo, looking gorgeous as usual

We gave her record vouchers as she loves her music, but also put together a little bag of girlie goodies, heavy on the hair products as she loves to dye that hair

Tea tree & witch hazel face mask, Sanctuary hair masks x 2, John Freida Full Repair shampoo & conditioner, Barry M Black glitter nail polish, Models Own black glitter eye pencil, Blistex tinted lip balm, mini hair brush, silver cosmetics bag


My sister-in-law had baked an awesome rainbow cake, based on some weird cartoon character none of us had heard of, called Nyan Cat (see it on YouTube HERE)



Hubby & I stayed late into the evening (after having gone to get Dusty from my parents), and on wandering round the garden I rediscovered the girls' playhouse, I'd forgotten about their "rules" on the inside of the door - a great discovery...


I love that "have fun" is a rule!

Later we watched Mo Farah win his gold, Jamaica's boys win their relay and altogether cheered the night away.  Family = Fun, & I wish we spent more time together. x

2 comments:

  1. aww what a great time and what a sweet gift too. i loved dying my hair at her age, heck i still do! i have never heard of that character either but i would gladly have eaten that cake! hehe
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.