Tuesday, 27 November 2012

A Christmas Playlist

I've pretty much had my Christmas playlist on repeat this past couple of weeks, and also popped it onto a cd for the car.  I'm surrounded by some of my most favourite Christmas songs that way, and it just makes me feel so Christmassy :)

I also play the wonderful She & Him Christmas Album (from last year) and my recent acquisition of the fab This is Christmas by Emmy the Great & Tim Wheeler (check it out - it's fantastic & has some very original songs such as 'A Zombie Christmas'), but I love the songs below.

I have a mix of old & new(er), some from favourite Christmas films, and it wouldn't be Christmas (for a child of the 70's/80's) without a bit of Sir Cliff ... (click on the song title for a link to a taster)

Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses (possibly my absolute favourite Christmas song, & yes I know all the words)
Jingle Bell Rock - Wayne Newton
Carol of the Bells - John Williams (Home Alone soundtrack)
White Christmas - The Drifters
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
Frosty the Snowman - Bing Crosby
Winter Wonderland - Dean Martin
Buon Natale - Nat King Cole
Feliz Navidad - El Vez (from the film Sugar & Spice)
Step Into Christmas - Elton John
All I Want for Christmas - Mariah Carey (reminds me of Love Actually)
Mistletoe & Wine - Cliff Richard
Saviour's Day - Cliff Richard
The Christmas Song - The Raveonettes
Marshmallow World - Emmy the Great & Tim Wheeler
Snowflakes - Emmy the Great & Tim Wheeler
Home for the Holidays - Emmy the Great & Tim Wheeler
 
 
I never tire of these Christmas songs x


1 comment:

  1. i love your christmas song list! looks very similar to mine;)
    gina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.