Saturday, 22 December 2012

Christmas past - part 3

I remember this Christmas, I remember my brother loving that Roman-like shield and toy sword & not putting it down for weeks.  And we both had a huggy bear :) a cute teddy who literally hugged you (if you look at the photo you can see how), he also had a little hole under his chin where you'd put your finger to enable you to move his head rather like an advanced puppet.

I think I still have him somewhere :)

Christmas morning - December 1980
 I also spot a Terry's Chocolate Orange in the picture.  And that orange table was actually a container, which I used to play inside & roll around in!

We always went to the Christingle service at Church, coming home with the usual orange 'world', but we also went to the Candlelight service where we all had our own candle (doubt THAT would happen nowadays?).  Our hands were protected from the wax by a disc of thin cardboard which I remember we decorated ourselves in Sunday School beforehand...

December 1982 - the first Christmas in our new family home - & our first real Christmas tree!
I cherish all these Christmas memories and traditions. x

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated holidays! I love the flashback down holiday memory lane! I'm excited to get back into blogging in 2013 and am excited to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and to you! Lovely to hear from you, here's to a great 2013 x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, it means alot x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.